Sentry Page Protection
I'm New, What do I do?
So, it’s your first time logging in to the Trainer In Your Back Pocket, and you want to make sure you don’t miss a beat! Well, follow this step by step protocol, to make sure you are up to speed so you can get right into the workouts and challenges!
- Step 1: Well, you’ve already signed up and logged in, so congrats! You’re done with Step 1! Make sure that you also follow the TBP program on Facebook at http://facebook.com/thetrainerinyourbackpocket
- Step 2: Fill out the PAR-Q Form AND sign the Member Liability Waiver, and click SUBMIT on both forms.
- Step 3: Your Binder. All new TBP members will receive a binder in the mail (along with some TBP goodies like your MYZONE belt, exercise band, etc.) within a week of joining the TBP program. This binder will be your way to stay organized with all of the TBP challenges, workouts, and information along the way. Fail to prepare: prepare to fail.
- Need to create your own binder? or lose your binder? Here is a sample cover page, to slip into the binder’s front pocket.
- Visit the Program Resources & Files page. Print out any documents and program instructions listed, and add them to your binder. The first page of your binder should be the “monthly checklist” document, which is a way to make sure you get everything done, each month. Then add in your Fitness Assessment chart, your sample TBP workout outline, your monthly mountain climber tracker, and your monthly workout plans!
- Step 4: Watch any Instructional Videos. These are videos that are posted to better help you navigate the program. Watching them ahead of time, helps to keep you abreast of what each monthly plan entails! Any new instructional videos will be noted in the current month's welcome message video on your main launchpad.
- Step 5: Fitness Assessment time! Click on the Fitness Assessment button from your launchpad, and you’ll be taken to your fitness assessment page. Print out the assessment chart, where you’ll track your results. Put this chart in your TBP binder. Perform the assessment by following along with the video, or watching the video ahead of time so that you understand the form and technique of each assessment exercise. Make sure to email Abby your fitness assessment results to email@example.com.
- Step 6: Watch the current month’s welcome video, found on your launchpad. This video will contain any news for the month that you will need to know! It will include new elements of the program, descriptions of certain workouts, and more.
- Step 7: Print out and save the current month’s workout plan to your computer! If you are a beginner, I suggest selecting the “Beginner Plan” to start with for your first month as a TBP member. This Beginner plan can be found in your Program Resources. If you’re a go-getter and want to jump right in, select the current month’s plan! Select either the @gym version, or the @home version, or both! The @home version requires little equipment; only a stability ball, dumbbells, and a cable tubing that you can pick up at your local sporting good store, or from my favorite equipment website: Perform Better.
- Step 8: Print out and watch the current month’s nutrition/wellness challenge. There is usually a calendar or document to print that goes with the challenge.
- Step 9: You’re ready to jump in to your workouts! Select your first workout to do! It can be any of the workouts on the monthly workout plan, or one of the Weekly Workout Videos! Once selected, make sure to do your "homework." If you don't know an exercise on the monthly plan, make sure to click directly on the exercise name within your monthly workout. This will give you the video link directly to the video of that specific exercise. It's important to do your homework before you start each workout, so that your workout can be efficient by knowing the exercises ahead of time. Fail to prepare... prepare to fail. Once you know the exercises for that workout, BEGIN THE WORKOUT! As the months go on, you'll get more and more familiar with the layout of the program and the exercises. So, you'll have less and less "homework." So, don't get overwhelmed if you don't know everything in your first month. I'm always here to ask questions
What are the "weekly workout videos?": Every Friday, I will upload your "Weekly Workout Video." This will be your weekly challenge to fit in at some point during that week. The videos usually last between 5-10 min, but the workouts may take you anywhere from 1 minute to 1 hour. These weekly workout videos are fun little workouts that you add in for a "bonus." Your goal each week is to do the video at some point prior to the next video being posted. If you’re a Full TBP Member, you have access to ALL of my past Weekly Workout Videos! That’s over 200 different workouts! If you're in the mood for a quick core workout, just find a past core video. Or, if you're in the mood for a bootcamp or upper body, just find a corresponding video! There's even a hotel room workout and plenty of bodyweight workouts if you're traveling! The password to access the past weekly workout video archive album is "workoutwarrior". There is also a pregnancy safe workout video album that members may use as they maintain their workouts during pregnancy. The pregnancy safe album's password is "liveforitall".
What are the monthly nutrition & wellness challenges? Each month I'll post a new nutrition & wellness challenge for you to try that month. Just watch the video, print any files associated with the challenge, and do the best you can!
What is “Ask The Trainer” all about? This is your opportunity to ask me any question you want about fitness, wellness, or nutrition. I will select certain questions and supply you with a video response! I figure if you have a question, so does someone else! So, make sure to stay updated with each new video!
How many workouts do I need to do each week? Depending on the rest of your workout schedule, and other programs you participate in, you will select which workouts you plan to complete each month. If the TBP plans are your primary source of workouts, please opt to complete at least 4 of the 6 workouts each week from your monthly workout plan, plus the weekly workout video. If you participate in other activities such as yoga, running, bootcamp classes, etc, please modify your TBP program accordingly! Some folks will only complete 1-2 TBP workouts per week, in addition to all of the other classes they attend, whereas some folks will complete every TBP workout every week! You get the flexibility to choose what works best in your life. Of course, if you don’t know what you should be doing, just ask! If you have a leg injury, focus on upper body and core workouts that month, and vice versa. No matter what you've got going on, you have no excuse to not get in a good workout on any given day! Use the handy Mountain Climber Charts on your Program Resources Page to make sure you are getting in your desired # of workouts each week! And if you need a sample guide of what TBP workout to do on what day, follow this one!
Contact Abby with any questions, comments, or words of encouragement!